What is Debriefing?
Debriefing is an opportunity to share your experiences in a structured process with caring, trained people who will give you ample time and space to reflect on them and the impact they are having on all your relationships.
The Le Rucher Exchange at the Cross model of debriefing will encourage you to:
- Tell your story in as much detail as you like
- Identify how your experiences may have impacted you
- Look at how you are responding to the situation on a daily basis
- Discover new perspectives and respond to Jesus
debriefing’s immediate value for you
- It will give you the space to talk about your cross-cultural life with people who understand. Walking alongside you will be seasoned professional debriefers who have also lived cross-culturally. You will be free to talk one-on-one about your experiences without pressure and with
fullchoice about how detailed or how deep you want to share.
- It will help you evaluate and process your experiences. . . rather than trying to forget or letting them overwhelm you. While you will be processing individually (or together with your spouse), you will also be part of a bigger group that is in the same stage of
process. You’ll realize that many others are in similar situations, even though they may work on the opposite side of the world.
- It will assist you in dealing with conflicts and to process unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment and inter-personal conflicts are a major contributor to our personal stress. This can eventually lead to burnout and people leaving the field. You will be given an opportunity to identify root causes and tools to enrich your personal self-care strategies.
debriefing’s long-term value for you
- It will assist you in processing your experience and to gain perspective. This kind of process will help you to integrate the story of your life on the field with your life in your home country or your new field of work.
- It will strengthen your resilience. You will identify personal strategies that will enable you to persevere in your calling.
- It will bring closure to past events and help you look to the future. This is especially helpful for both those in transition or those who have been through a critical incident.
- It is NOT
counsellingor therapy. While some basic counsellingmay be involved, we do not get involved in long-term counsellingsituations. When appropriate, we will suggest some people pursue follow-up counsellingin their home country.
- It is NOT something that is just done when people are not handling a situation well. Debriefing is a tool that can be used as self-care, not something only to use when everything else has failed.
- It is NOT an opportunity for
administrationto gather information, evaluate or confront. Nothing that is shared in the debriefing process is communicated to anyone else without your full approval and involvement.
Personal Debriefing Retreats
18 – 23 February 2024
3 – 8 March 2024
8 – 13 September 2024
20 – 25 October 2024
Family Debriefing Retreats
16 – 21 June 2024
7 – 12 July 2024
In Dutch only
10 – 15 December 2023
21 – 26 April 2024
9 – 14 June 2024 (Family)
25 – 30 August 2024
17 – 22 November 2024 (Family)
8 – 13 December 2024
In German only
18 – 24 November 2023
6 – 12 April 2024
14 – 19 July 2024 (Family)
16 – 22 November 2024
5 – 11 April 2025
13 – 18 July 2025 (Family)
15 – 21 November 2025
What people are saying. . .
“I was not really looking forward to this week because I felt it might be quite confronting. But now I am so grateful – this is a new beginning for me, to the glory of His name.”
“This place has given me a new beginning. I came exhausted physically, emotionally and spiritually. I leave feeling stronger in all ways.”
“My time at Le Rucher has been a powerful time of hearing God’s voice. It was here He laid down the foundation blocks for my future.”
“I am going away from here so refreshed and with so much joy in my heart because of the goodness of God to me through you.”
“It was a privilege to be together with so many diamonds.”
We are physically located in France, only 15 minutes from the Geneva, Switzerland airport:
2067 Route de Tutegny
01170 Cessy, France
Copyright 2019, Mercy Ministries International. All Rights Reserved.